Most people don’t have the need for an auto upholstery shop in the daily lives. As a result, most people have no idea what questions to ask to help them determine a quality auto upholstery shop. They go from shop to shop, getting quotes and go with the least expensive one. But that is not necessarily the best deal in the long run for you or your car. Here is a list of what you should be looking for when choosing an auto upholstery shop and some questions you should ask.
- The shop’s location is important and features are important. Is it convenient for you to get to and from since you will probably have to leave the car while it gets new auto upholstery, car upholstery repair or a convertible top. Does the shop have an alarm system and can the car be kept indoors overnight? If you have to leave your car overnight, you will want your car locked inside an shop with a burglar alarm instead of in a abandoned parking lot.
- Ask about the quality of materials. Like almost anything in these days – upholstery comes in a variety of qualities. Ask the upholstery shop if they are using original equipment manufacturer(OEM) quality upholstery to repair or redo the upholstery in your car. Ask about the quality and thickness of the leather or fabric they will use. You will find that some shops use lower quality materials and still charge a premium price.
- Find out how long the shop has been in business, the experience of the staff and warranty the shop offers.
- Ask for referrals from you mechanic, car dealer or body shop. If they are referring a particular upholstery shop, chances are likely it is a good car upholstery shop.
- Ask about your options. A lot of time it might be better to just repair a small tear in a seat instead of rebuilding it. Sometimes it might be the opposite. Make sure you ask and are happy with the response.